Speed Limiting for Local Transfers

I'm new here, so I apologize if this has been gone over, but searching the forums did not yield the results I needed...

I know where in the settings to go in order to limit download speeds, but my particular issue is with limiting file transfers when not involving an FTP server.

What I am doing is adding files to the Temporary Queue, highlighting the ones I want to work with, then right click->Destination->Local->Select Folder and designating a shared folder on the network. I have set up/download speed limits in the settings, but when I run that batch of files it transfers at maximum possible speed. Due to my need of NOT impacting my user base in a way that generates complaints of slowness when accessing files, I need to limit the speeds of internal transfers.

Is there a way to limit transfer speeds for local transfers?

The speed limit does not apply to local to local transfers. Usually these transfers are done within the LAN and should not have much interference.

The speed limit does not apply to local to local transfers. Usually these transfers are done within the LAN and should not have much interference.

The problem isn't that it's meeting interference, the problem is that it is CREATING interference. When I transfer 3,000+ files (3GB+) from a portable drive onto one of the company's file servers, it takes such a big hit in network and disk usage that it severely impacts the ability of my users to continue doing their work. Limiting the speed of local file transfers would allow me to execute my transfers whenever I want while limiting said network impact that is hampering my users. It would also allow me to choose when to initiate the transfers as opposed to waiting until after office hours - something that is often not an option.

Clarification/correction I meant 30GB, and that is the total - 3000+ files that are 10MB in size on average.