Can't See File beginning with Underscore

We recently upgraded to SmartFTP 4.x, and since that time I have been unable to view a file on a remote FTP server which begins with an underscore. The remote server is Serv-U FTP Server v9.4. In my remote connection's Favorite properties, FTP --> Transfer --> Directory Listings Options, Show All Files and Resolve Links are both Checked. I did try unchecking, restarting, checking, restarting, but no-go. If I FTP to the server using Win7/IE, I can view/download the file normally.

Is there a new setting somewhere that I'm missing?

What do you mean by view? Does the file appear in the listing? Or when you download (right-click view) it, it fails to download?

What do you mean by view? Does the file appear in the listing? Or when you download (right-click view) it, it fails to download?

It does not appear in the directory listing.

Please send us the raw directory listing. To get it right-click on the folder and select "Show Raw Listing" from the context menu.

Please send us the raw directory listing. To get it right-click on the folder and select "Show Raw Listing" from the context menu.

http://bit.ly/a5y1RG

The directory contains 800+ FLV files, and 1 CSV spreadsheet (_Vendorname_Asset_List.csv). As I mentioned, if I FTP to the server using IE, the Assets file is listed. Also, we use an automated script on our server which FTP's to the vendor's server each night to pick up the file. That process is able to get the file fine. It's only in SmartFTP that the file is not showing up in the directory listing.

The server does not seem to return all files. E.g. the csv file you mentioned is missing in the raw directory listing.

IE probably doesn't use MLSD to get the files so it is not affected by the server bug. Contact the serv-u devs for assistance.

The server does not seem to return all files. E.g. the csv file you mentioned is missing in the raw directory listing.

IE probably doesn't use MLSD to get the files so it is not affected by the server bug. Contact the serv-u devs for assistance.

Bingo. I set the "Use MLSD" drop-down to Disable for this connection's properties and I can now see the assets file. That works for me, thank you!

I have forwarded your bug report to the Serv-U team :-)