speeding up

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to speed up my backup task (ftp remote server (from my web hosting) to a workstation).

As a matter of fact, it takes about 10 hours to backup 1 go of data !

Tls for your reply..

What you can do in SmartFTP:
- Increase the number of workers in the Transfer Queue if you have many small files. Depending on your connection to the server I would try it with 4-8 workers first.
- If you have one big file, use multi part transfers. Right-click on the transfer queue item, select Properties, go to the Advanced dialog.

What you can do in SmartFTP:
- Increase the number of workers in the Transfer Queue if you have many small files. Depending on your connection to the server I would try it with 4-8 workers first.
- If you have one big file, use multi part transfers. Right-click on the transfer queue item, select Properties, go to the Advanced dialog.

tks for your reply but what do you mean by" workers", how can i manage to do that ?

Tks for our reply..

Take a look at the transfer queue window at the bottom of SmartFTP. There is an input field for the number of concurrent workers.
Alternatively you can change it in the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue dialog.

Take a look at the transfer queue window at the bottom of SmartFTP. There is an input field for the number of concurrent workers.
Alternatively you can change it in the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue dialog.

oups, ok ..Tks a lot..