Removed Finshed & Statistics

Hello. Getting use to SmartFTP and I think I'm gonna like it .

I have managed to figure out what most of the options do and how the various operations are to be used.

I have just three issues that are puzzling me.

1. I noticed that the Statistics dialog only shows how many connections were made and does not track or display the Upload/Download stats. I most download using Multipart.

2. When finished items are in Queue, the Right Click option has a 'Removed Finished' option that does not remove anything. I have to highlight the file(s) and hit or click Delete (X) to clear the Queue list.

3. Lastly and for me most important. When using Visual Compare, the file sizes (anything above 6GB or thereabouts) are always showing as not same value (red color). Is this because SmartFTP verifies the file size using Size on disk? The file Size on the Server end and on my computer are exactly the same but the Size on disk is different, as expected. I double check each download using CRC32 and the file(s) is always intact and identical to the source.

My question is, how can one get accurate file size comparison from SmartFTP when using the Visual Compare feature?

I hope you can shed some light on the above for us.

Thanks for you commitment on this software over the years.

Regards, Purgatory

Hello Purgatory

>Statistics popup
You are correct, the connections for the multi part transfers are not included in the total count.

>Remove Finished Item
The bug fix will be available in the next build.

>Visual Compare
Please install the latest version from here: https://www.smartftp.com/download
If the problem persits post a screenshot.

Thank you.

Hello Purgatory

>Statistics popup
You are correct, the connections for the multi part transfers are not included in the total count.

>Remove Finished Item
The bug fix will be available in the next build.

>Visual Compare
Please install the latest version from here: https://www.smartftp.com/download
If the problem persits post a screenshot.

Thank you.

Thank you for the very fast reply! Looking forward to the improvements. I'll download the latest version and give the Visual Compare a whirl.

Regards, Purgatory

Thank you for the update (v4.0 Build 1093). The "Removed Finished" is now working!

* 3. The Visual Compare feature is still not comparing files accurately as mentioned in my earlier post above.

Screenshot: Image

On the Server and Local computer, both files are identical in File Size: 14,836,245 KB (15,192,314,266 bytes) or 14.1GB.

FYI: I did not want to start the same topic/reply in the Premium Support Forum, but I am a Premium customer.

Thanks again for your constant updates/fixes and hopefully the above can be addressed in the future.

Regards, Purgatory

The date is different if you not want to compare the date goto Settings->Visual Compare and uncheck the "Compare Date and Time" option.

Thanks for your reply. The 'Not Equal' comparison only returns a highlighted visual when the Compare Size option is checked. I never compare date/time and also ignore the case. Since SmartFTP displays the correct file size in the column on both Remote and Local, I can only assume there is an issue with Visual Compare. If I unchecked Ignore Case, then Visual Compare displays all files as orphans. The files are identical except for the date/time on either side. It seems that there is confusion with files that are larger than 6GB.

Not a big or pressing issue for me. I can live with it until it is sorted.

Hope my info is of some help.

Regards, Purgatory

If you look at the properties for the both files the displayed bytes are the same?

Which OS have you running?

Thank you. I was able to reproduce the problem on Windows XP (There is no problem on Windows Vista+). It's a bug in Windows XP, it doesn't return the correct size with the method we are using. A workaround for this has been implemented, available in the next build. Thank you for your reports :-)

Thank you. I was able to reproduce the problem on Windows XP (There is no problem on Windows Vista+). It's a bug in Windows XP, it doesn't return the correct size with the method we are using. A workaround for this has been implemented, available in the next build. Thank you for your reports :-)

And thank you for your fast replies and for implementing a fix for the Compare Size issue with XP. Yes, I need to upgrade. Right now I have too much customizations/data to re-do/move. This is the year for sure though.

I'll check back at a later time.

Regards, Purgatory

Please try the new beta version:

32-bit
https://www.smartftp.com/download

64-bit
https://www.smartftp.com/download
It's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, It's ALIVE!! It works! It WORKS!!

All is great on my side. Visual Compare issue for me on XP now resolved. Thank you

Looking forward to future development(s) and features. I'm now officially endorsing SmartFTP as the best FTP client, period.

Regards, Purgatory