Cannot connect with SmartFTP

Hello and thank you for advance for any help-

Hi,
I am needed a FTP service for website file transfers for an upcoming 6page website I will be building for school. I have put SmartFTP on the allow list for my firewall turned off malwarebytes, I run AVG antivirus and cannot find a spot to allow services, The firewall on AVG is disabled.. Still when I try and connect to the server I get this message(s):

[22:02:45] SmartFTP v4.0.1072.0
[22:02:46] Resolving host name "gamerzdomain.freehostia.com"
[22:02:46] Connecting to 66.40.52.151 Port: 21
[22:03:07] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[22:03:07] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...
[22:03:07] Client closed the connection.
[22:03:07] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
[22:03:38] Connection attempt 2...
[22:03:38] Resolving host name "gamerzdomain.freehostia.com"
[22:03:38] Connecting to 66.40.52.151 Port: 21
[22:03:59] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[22:03:59] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...
[22:03:59] Client closed the connection.
[22:03:59] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
[
Please bear in mind I am a new coder and this will be my fist big website, This is also the first 3rd party FTP service I have used recently. All help is greatly appreciated.I have a FTP account with my WebHost, and have checked the port info, it is 21, also I have tried using the IP address instead of the site name.
Thanks again fellas.
Thanks
Rick

Add SmartFTP to the exceptions on your software firewall and antivirus product.

Add SmartFTP to the exceptions on your software firewall and antivirus product.
Thanks for you post, but if you read at the top. You would have seen that I have already done this. Are you familiar with AVG anti-virus? The resident shield, is that the process that tries to block ips etc? I tried disabling that aswell with firewall OFF etc. Still nothing.
Thanks

Try to uninstall your software firewall and antivirus product.