Need Urgent Help

Hi,

This is my first time using smartFTP and i think ive made a mistake. I accidentally dragged the files from the far left box to copy to my documents but now i realise i should have taken them from the box next to it. Whats going to happen?

If your files got added to the transfer queue (bottom window) you can easily remove the items from there. If the files have already been transferred you can just delete them in the wrong place.

If your files got added to the transfer queue (bottom window) you can easily remove the items from there. If the files have already been transferred you can just delete them in the wrong place.

Thank you for your response MB. What do you mean wrong place? They have almost completed however it says the server closed the connection but i still see them transferring in the bottom window.

Also should I do it again from the right side because what if I need to upload the files over the coming days?

Unfortunately I don't know where from and to you uploaded the files and what is the right or wrong side? The files will be somewhere. Maybe you can move them to the correct folder if you transferred them to the correct destination (server). Otherwise you have to delete them and transfer them to the correct destination (server, folder).

I accidentally dragged the files from the far left box on the server side with the heading 'folders' to copy to my documents but now i realise i should have taken them from the box next to folders with the heading 'name'.

They are appearing in my documents. My purpose for doing this was to have a backup because some things on mywebsite I dont have stored on my pc such as smf and wordpress.

If there was a reason I needed to upload these files back to my server, I wanted to make sure that wouldn't be a problem. As the folders have been transferring they have been opening up and hundreds and thousands of files have been copying to mydocuments. I don't see them all in there though, this is why I question if I should do this correctly in case I need to upload them again.

You know those days where you realise you shouldnt have got out of bed because everything went wrong from the moment your feet hit the floor? Well I've just had one of those days.

Where is my brain? If someone finds it please return to sender.

Thanks for your help MB.

Ah I think I better understand your situation now. If all files have been transferred already just delete them on your local computer if you can find them. If they are still being transferred in the transfer queue window you can just select them there and remove them.

Then try the drag&drop operation again. Basically you cannot break anything unless you are starting to delete random files ;-)

Regards,
Mat

Ok thanks Mat. The transfer i just did took hours and hours. I hope doing it correctly doesnt take so long.

Jo