How to... Re-Queue already transfered files and access File Transfer History?

I'm wondering how I can do these two things in SmartFTP (something which I already make extensive use of in another FTP client)...

1. Re-Queue previously transfered files?

If I transfer/upload say 10 files from 10 different folders from the local file system to the corresponding folders on the remote file system, how can I then quickly transfer these same 10 files later without having to navigate to these 10 folders again? I may have to do this process many times and the exact files that need to be transfered each time might vary, so the ability to save the queue in this instance is not really a great benefit.

I see that I can keep the Finished files in the transfer queue, but I see no way changing this status to "Re-Queue" (or doing anything useful with it for that matter)?

2. Is there a file transfer history anywhere?

I need to be able to keep track of successful file transfers ie. which files have been transfered. I don't seem to be able to find this information anywhere, other than keeping the Finished file transfers in the tranfser queue - but this then clogs up the transfer queue?

Thanks.

Hello ..

>1
Save the transfer queue with the 10 files. You can use the "Save Copy To...". If you want to "re-queue" the files just add the saved the transfer queue (click the "Add..." button in the toolbar) to the existing queue.

>2
All items that are removed from the transfer queue have been successfully transferred. Many users are transferring 1000 of files and it does not make sense (unnecessary memory usage etc) to keep the information (log, runtime etc) of each transfer by default. If you want that SmartFTP does not remove the finished transfers go to the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue page and uncheck the [x] Remove Finished Items option.

Regards
Mat

Thanks for your quick reply.

>1 Save the transfer queue with the 10 files. You can use the "Save Copy To...". If you want to "re-queue" the files just add the saved the transfer queue (click the "Add..." button in the toolbar) to the existing queue.

Unfortunately, it may not be the exact same files that need to be transferred each time and having to save... add... and delete the queued items that are not reqd on the next upload seems a bit long winded?

Also, if the queue is set to not remove finished items (see below) then adding an already saved queue that includes these same files does not replace the files already in the queue - their status remains as 'Finished' and so cannot be uploaded again. It seems they need to be deleted first, before adding (the same) files from a saved queue?

I would have thought that a feature to simply enable the user to change the status back to 'Queued' would be useful and get around this issue?

>2 All items that are removed from the transfer queue have been successfully transferred. Many users are transferring 1000 of files and it does not make sense (unnecessary memory usage etc) to keep the information (log, runtime etc) of each transfer by default. If you want that SmartFTP does not remove the finished transfers go to the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue page and uncheck the [x] Remove Finished Items option.

Yes I would agree, keeping a history of 1000's of transferred files would, in most cases, be an unnecessary waste. However, I would have thought this would be a useful feature for some (off by default) (Source, Dest, Size, TimeTaken). Keeping 'Finished' files in the queue is not necessarily the answer, since they need to be removed before they can be re-transferred (see above) and they do 'clog up' the transfer queue since there does not appear to be a facility to group (or sort) by Status?

Thanks again.