This is because your software firewall blocks SmartFTP. Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in the software firewall settings.
Regarding the transfer queue problem. Try this:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/how ... f2625.html
This won't delete your favorites but the history. The history is only a list of links to the favorites but not the actual server settings.
If this fails please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Informationen"
Thank you, Mat, I think I'm going to be operational now. Happily I saved all my connection settings before deleting the registry keys.
I now have scheduled transfers working!
So, if anyone else has this problem where the transfer queue won't stop the quickest solution could be:
1. Save all your connection settings (IP or hostname, username, password) in case you need to do step 4.
2. Download the newest version of SmartFTP
3. Fire it up and see if you can stop the transfer queue, if not
4. Delete the registry folder for the SmartFTP client as described in the article above (see step 1).
5. Fire SmartFTP back up and stop the transfer queue (if it doesn't stop now you are on your own from here)
6. Drag your download/upload file(s) onto the transfer queue.
7. Right click on those you want to schedule, and follow the instructions in the tutorial for "Schedule Transfers" to set your triggers.
8. Restart the transfer queue.
Thanks again for your perserverance and help.