Can't achive higher than 1MB/s Transfer speed

Hi,

Been trying out Smart FTP and its great, except it wont transfer a single file faster than 1MB/s, i'm using it on a 15Mbit connection to a 100Mbit server, i easily get 1.5MB/s using filezilla and any/all other ftp programs, but not with Smart FTP. If i increase the number of workers then yes i get the full connection speed, but it should work for just one worker.

Also i'm experiencing lots of time outs, especially when using multiple workers, where the connection speed drops to 0 then waits then reconnects. Any ideas? Never had this sort of problem before.

Thanks

Using Vista SP1 x64

Post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog in SmartFTP.

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 1995 MHz
Total Memory : 2038 MB
Free Memory : 836 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1025.23
Time Stamp : 2009-01-10 18:36:20
Platform : x64
Id : 400091236
Days in use : 11

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.17.12
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.21.23
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 2.0.1.9
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.18.23
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.16.23
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1025.23

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1025.23

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Just upgraded to the newest Beta Build and achived around 1.3MB/s ish, and no time outs so a huge improvement, still doesn't seam to be fully utilising the connection though. When is the next build due?

Keep in mind that in SmartFTP one kilobyte is 1024 bytes. Many other FTP clients and especially ISPs use 1000 bytes for 1 kilobyte. So if your connection is 15 Megabyte (where 1 megabyte is 1000 * 1000) the theoretical maximum speed in SmartFTP is 1.43 MB/s. Exactly what you get.

I'm fully aware of that fact, but i'm tracking and comparing the programs using the same tools. I'm pretty happy with how the beta performs, i was mainly concerned with the limit on the stable release.

The beta version is considered stable ;-)

I am having this issue now in 2012.

None of my transfers to any FTP server will go above 1MB/s per worker thread. I don't have any speed limits set.
I am using the latest 4.0.1242.0

Any insight?

I can achieve up to 4MB/s transfer when uploading with multiple threads. Each thread will max at 1MB/s no matter what server I am uploading to. I have only tried servers running ProFTP.

Did you try it with different ftp clients?

Hmm. Seems to happen with Filezilla too!
I can achieve my maximum 4MB/s upload with both clients if I have 4+ threads. But each thread maxes at 1MB/s/.

You are knowledgeable mb, do you know what setting this is in ProFTP? I cannot find any help searching google.