SmartFTP application problem

Sorry for the vague title. I have no idea how to describe this issue in only a few words.

I'm using the software to upload data files and images to my website from a local server. Files change in 20 sec, 5 min, 1 hour, and 12/24 hour intervals. The FTP software watches for changed files, and transfers them to my server. I have 8 items in my queue that I use file/folder monitoring on. 4 files, and 4 folders. 2 of the 4 folders change every 5 minutes. 2 change every 24 hours. The files update every 20 sec. Total upload is less then 2 MB, file uploads are less than 100 KB. This configuration appears to be working very well initially.

Behavior is after 6+ hours the queques stop uploading, and all files are marked with the "ZZZZ" icon overlay. They are set to "retry at..." No information in the trasfer or item logs as to what happened. The application is very very very slow. CPU is around 20% for this application. Memory appears fine for server, I forgot to write down how much application was using.

I was not able to navigate in the application, process of opening logs took over 2-3 minutes. Menus were unresponsive. No errors, system messages, eventlog information, etc.. No application logs showing a application problem.

Killing SmartFTP in task manager, and restarting the application resolves the issue. Application is again fast to repond. FTP uploads start up and work very well again. Since trying this product (2 days ago) this has happened 3 times about ever 4-8 hours.

While I love your product features and flexability, these reliability issues are causing me havoc. My website visitors and affiliated weather organizations are stuck with 6 hour old weather data.

Here is my system info:
+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2399 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 2047 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1022.27
Time Stamp : 2008-09-12 22:46:12
Platform : x86
Unlicensed