ureachable network

[center]ok...I am just now re-doing this note. I guess everyone has the tendency to "over-do" it so here is the simple version.
1. no matter what I do I get this message "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network".
2. I can't understand this because using the exact same settings I can connect to the same site with my windows Exploreer browser! This tells me there is something in "SMART"ftp that is blocking the connection.
3. Yes, I have tried turning off the firewall, and also I use passive mode but nothing seems to make a difference.
4. It seems to me that the program is not really trying to connect at all because NONE of the favorites in the program connect either.
5.Is all of this because I am using a trial version?

any enlightenment appreciated....Kent[/center]

Please post the log of your FTP session.

Hello...out there. Thanks for responding. I was trying to use the programs
"insert picture" thing but it wants a URL. Man you guys must get hammered with
hackers cause you are one tough bunch on security although its hard to figure out what they
would want to hack you for? Anyway, I will try and "kill"
two birds with one stone. I will post my picture on my ISP's site and you can see it there.

p.s. I am not smart enough to be a hacker so don't worry. Just a person trying to use
your ftp program. Give me a few minutes to post.

Thanks....Kent

[16:31:15] SmartFTP v3.0.1022.18
[16:31:16] Resolving host name "www.xxxxxxx.xxx"
[16:31:16] Connecting to xxx.xx.xx.x Port: 21
[16:31:16] A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network.
[16:31:16] Client closed the connection.
[16:31:16] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...

No luck posting a screen capture so here is the real McCoy
from Smart ftp with just URL modified (not sure about your rules
on posting actual URL's)

Anyway again, this is what I get as I described in the first part of
my post.

ANY IDEAS.... Thanks...kent

Post the complete log without the censored stuff.

[16:31:15] SmartFTP v3.0.1022.18
[16:31:16] Resolving host name "www.comnett.net"
[16:31:16] Connecting to 208.76.92.7 Port: 21
[16:31:16] A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network.
[16:31:16] Client closed the connection.
[16:31:16] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...

ok...here it is

Did you add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall and antivirus product?

If yes it looks like a routing problem. Please check your network/router and then contcat your ISP for assistance.

Regards,
Mat

Did you add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall and antivirus product?

If yes it looks like a routing problem. Please check your network/router and then contcat your ISP for assistance.

Regards,
Mat

Ok will do and thank you. If I may have one more moment of your time? If routing, why then do the same settings work
if I plug them into windows explorer browser?

In this case SmartFTP is very likely blocked by your software firewall.

In this case SmartFTP is very likely blocked by your software firewall.

Well....actually YES you were correct it was my anitvirus software. I apologize for not catching this and
thank you very much for pointing it out. Everything fine now except learning all of the program.

Thanks again......Kent