From the beginning...

so confused - I am quite new to this - I have updated websites etc before in workplaces but never created them. I have just started my own business so want my own website and have a webpage that I created in word and saved as html and can upload the page through smartFTP. But...when I upload the file saved as index.htp - it only shows the words not my company logo. this appears as a box with a cross in it.

so i tried uploading the webpage and logo as to separate items - but still only the words appear - what am i doing wrong.....?

Thank you!

so confused - I am quite new to this - I have updated websites etc before in workplaces but never created them. I have just started my own business so want my own website and have a webpage that I created in word and saved as html and can upload the page through smartFTP. But...when I upload the file saved as index.htp - it only shows the words not my company logo. this appears as a box with a cross in it.

so i tried uploading the webpage and logo as to separate items - but still only the words appear - what am i doing wrong.....?

Thank you!

What are you doing wrong? You're using WORD, that's what you're doing wrong. There are plenty of free and cheap website builders out there. Go get yourself one. I might recommend Coffeecup software. They have a few freebies.