FileS disappear from transfer queue without uploading.

Hi.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise, as it seems this problem has been posted about thirty-five thousand times before in one form or another, but I have to admit to being mostly baffled by the posts and their replies and any solutions that are in there.

I've been using SmartFTP for about 5 years, and happily got along without the transfer queue until it was made mandatory for all uploads not too long ago. At that point, I found that I would often have to upload files twice for the changes to be implemented on my websites. Since upgrading the version 3, I've found that with the majority of my uploads, I have to first delete the file I want to update and then upload it anew.

For some reason, when I drag the file from the folder on my computer and drop it into the remote folder I have open in SmartFTP, the file drops into the transfer queue, only to disappear a moment later without uploading itself. I have SmartFTP set to automatically overwrite files with common names, so as I said, if I want to simply upload a new version of a current file, the majority of the time I have to first delete the current file through the FTP and upload it fresh.

I'm quite saddened that SmartFTP will no longer be available as a free program, as it's the best and most user friendly I've found in my time online. I would be content to buy the program, but at this point I'm obviously not going to waste $40 on a program that barely works as it's supposed to, so I'd like to know that it can work before I fork out.

If anyone could give me a hand here, I would much appreciate it. Keeping in mind that I'm not particularly savvy with all the technical stuff over here.

If you need any information off me, just tell me what and I'll do my best to get it!

I do have that thing that a lot of people seem to include when they post, so I'll start with that?

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 1596 MHz
Total Memory : 1406 MB
Free Memory : 660 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1021.8
Time Stamp : 2008-08-01 23:18:07
Platform : x86
Unlicensed
Days in use : 396

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.13.40
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.17.8
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.13
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.14.8
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.12.8
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1021.8

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1021.8

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Hello ..

When you drag&drop a file to upload it to the remote browser a file exist dialog is displayed. In this dialog you can specify whether you want to overwrite the file or not. Does this dialog appear for you?

Regards,
Mat

No, I'm afraid not, as I changed the default setting to overwrite if file exists, and must've clicked the "do not show this message again" box or similar if there was one.

The thing is, sometimes it overwrites just fine. For example, when I first start up SmartFTP, it might let me drag and drop updated files to overwrite the current files a few times, but then it just stops working. Then maybe 5 minutes later, it will go back to letting me overwrite the files properly without having to first delete it and upload it anew. Then it stops working again, etc. etc.

Very peculiar.

Hello ..

Please proceed as following:
1. Go to the favorite properties: Menu: Favorites->Edit Favorites. Locate your favorite. Look in the Quick Connect folder.
2. Right-click on the favorite. Select Properties from the context menu
3. Go to the Transfer->File Exist page.
4. Select "Use Favorite Settings" in the "Transfer Queue File Exist Rules"
5. Click on the Edit Rules button
6. The File Exist Rulst dialog opens
7. Remove the two last rules which would result in a "Skip". Select them and then delete them
8. Click OK a couple of times

Try again.

Regards,
Mat

Mat, you are a god among men.

I followed your instructions (thank you for the step-by-step, by the way! I probably would've ruined things further without them. Lol) and things are looking good! Assuming it stays working for the next week or so, I will most definitely be purchasing a license.

Thank you so much for your help. Have a lovely day!

You are welcome.