# of items?

I don't understand, previous versions of smartftp displayed the # of items in a particular folder when you connect to your host. Now on this new version you can only see # of items on your end but when you connect to the host you can not see it on the host. i can not see it anywhere on the screen. Why isn't this on by default? Is there anyway of changing to automatically display the # of items on the gui? In addition why does the program automatically save your passwords by default? thx for any answers.

Do not enter the password in the favorite and it won't be saved.

Regards,
SmartFTP

thanks, but what about the # of files in a folder, is there any option to get that onto the UI when your connected to your host? I've looked high and low to see if there's an option to look at how many files are on a particular folder when you open it. And i just can't find it. This is the most basic of FTP gui layouts. I find it incredibility unbelievable that such a basic thing isn't on the UI.

The number of items in the folder is displayed if no item in the folder is selected. It means just click on an empty space.

Regards,
Mat

that works on the local browser but unfortunately doesn't work on the remote side. At least for me. The only time when the UI says anything is if i highlite an item, in which it'll say "1 item selected", but if i click on an empty spot it doesn't say anything. Just a blank.

Please install the latest version and try again:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If it doesn't work please post the system information from the menu: Help->About

Regards,
Mat