How Do I Enable Multipart Downloads?

There have been some discussions about multipart downloads. However, I cannot find any information on enabling it. How do I do multipart download?

Thanks.

Once the item is in the transfer queue, right-click on it and select Properties from the context menu. Then go to the Advanced dialog and set the number of parts. You may need to start the transfer queue to prevent the transfer from being processed immediately before you make this change.

Regards,
Mat

I noticed today while playing with SmartFTP that I got some negative numbers showing up for the rate of transfer. First it appeared normal. Then suddenly I saw some negative numbers. It quick changed back to positive. However, when it did change back to positive, I the rate was way too too high--it was in the two hundred megabyte/sec range. Nonetheless, the transfer did finish ok. Something wrong?

Once I got the file downloaded that I want in the queue, I set the number of parts I want in the Advanced tab, and started the queue, I still only see on part being downloaded, and one worker working. No matter how many parts I set it to, I only get one part. I have tested multipart downloads with other FTP Clients and they seem to work fine with the server. Any thoughts?

The number of parts are not visually displayed. But when you double click the log you see that more than worker is processing the item.

Regards,
Mat

It is possible show the multipart downloads and their corresponding worker threads in the queue (feature request)?

In addition to requesting that the multiparts and their worker threads show in the queue, is it possible to rightclick on a file and select "multipart download" as an option with the ability to select the number of parts. This way, downloading multipart files won't be so many steps--I won't have to stop the queue and manually set multipart options in the advance tab. I download huge files all the time and following with all the steps to get a multipart download is just talking to many steps. Also, I have seen negative numbers showing up for the rate of transfer when I do multipart downloads. Thanks ahead of time.