File Folder Size Display

I just upgraded to Ver 3 and now the file folder sizes are blank on the ftp site (drFTPd) I usually use. I have Show All Files, Force Long Format, Complete Time, Resolve Links and Recursive all checked on the Transfer properties page. I tried MSLD both On and Off, didn't make a difference. Ver 2.5 showed the Folder sizes with these exact same settings.

Any Ideas?

Also, is there a way to turn the single click functionality off and return it to 2.5 behaviour/display? Having the folders underlined hurts the readability and the auto-selection when mousing over is just plain annoying. If it did that auto-selection like Windows Explorer does that would be fine, but it does the auto-select when the mouse moves onto the row, not just the name.

Hello Kairk ..

SmartFTP does no longer display the size of directories because the size does mostly have no real value for the user. In some situations like yours with drFTPd the size may represent the total size of the folder content. However calculating the total folder size in advance on the server side is a very expensive task and should not be done. For the same reason you do not see the size displayed when looking at a folder listing in Windows Explorer.

Regarding the selection. I don't exactly understand how SmartFTP behaves different from Windows Explorer. Can you try to explain this with a screenshot?
Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?

Regards,
Mat

Hello Kairk ..

SmartFTP does no longer display the size of directories because the size does mostly have no real value for the user. In some situations like yours with drFTPd the size may represent the total size of the folder content. However calculating the total folder size in advance on the server side is a very expensive task and should not be done. For the same reason you do not see the size displayed when looking at a folder listing in Windows Explorer.

Regarding the selection. I don't exactly understand how SmartFTP behaves different from Windows Explorer. Can you try to explain this with a screenshot?
Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP?

Regards,
Mat

Mat, sorry to hear you dropped support for the folder size display. It is information returned in a Show Raw Listing, so I don't really understand why you can't display it, but so be it. I'm off to downgrade back to 2.5.

FWIW, In Windows Explorer (XP), selection will only take place if you mouse over the file/folder name, not the blank area to the right of the name, not the date column, not the size column, but only if the mouse is actually over the name. In SmartFTP 3.0, the selection takes place no matter where on the row the cursor is.

How did you enable auto selection on Windows XP?