Delete a folder from the 'Favourites' menu

When I delete a folder from the 'Favourites' menu withing SmartFTP it deletes all the save settings from the ACTUAL program itself!

So, delete the 'Mozilla' folder and bang go all the bookmarks etc

Also, once you re-start SmartFTP - they all come back again!

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2162 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 2047 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1016.7
Time Stamp : 2008-05-18 23:03:37
Platform : x86
Id : 400051009
Days in use : 29

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.13.26
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.12.7
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.11
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.9.7
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.7.7

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1016.7

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

1. Install the latest version
2. Provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem

1. Install the latest version
2. Provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem

I did as you asked and raised two bug tickets for two different problems and they both seem to have been deleted?

The bug wasted a lot of my time, I have spent more time reporting the problem to help you fix the bug, but that seems to have been wasted time as well

1. Provide your "System Information" from SmartFTP: Menu: Help > About > System Info -> "Copy To Clipboard".

I DID THIS

2. Provide the logs from the Remote Browser and the Transfer Queue:
KB: How To get the logs

NOT APPLICABLE

3. Provide a screenshot showing the problem if applicable:
KB: How to post a screenshot?

NOT APPLICABLE

4. If SmartFTP crashes provide a crash dump:
KB: How to collect crash reports

NOT APPLICABLE

5. Provide complete step-by-step instructions on how-to reproduce the crash or bug. You can use screen capture software to record your actions into an .avi file. Screen Capture Software:
Camstudio (Freeware. Recommended but does not work on x64)
Camtasia Studio (Shareware)
Screen Recorder (Shareware)
ScreenGet (Shareware)

I DID THIS

I also checked open Bug Reports.

I used version 2 and 2.5 without problem for years, version 3 has these bugs - it wasted a lot of my time and I am trying to help you to get them fixed. Why are you making me feel like some sort of nuisance for trying to help you?

What was incomplete about them?

What was invalid about them?

Why were they redundant?

Is it too much to ask to get a little co-operation when your paying customers are taking their time to help you fix your bugs?

Post the information here. It does not help if you claim you did this. The bug reports you posted were the same as you already posted here. With little information of what you are exactly doing. Post a video of your actions.

Also please add your license key id to your profile in this forum.

Post the information here. It does not help if you claim you did this. The bug reports you posted were the same as you already posted here. With little information of what you are exactly doing. Post a video of your actions.

Also please add your license key id to your profile in this forum.

Why would I post the information here? This is not the Bug Report forum?!?

The bug reports were not the same, they showed the latest version being used and were two seperate bugs.

I need to post a video to show deleting an item from the Favourites menu? Are you being serious??

It is a serious flaw with the software, it is deleting / amending profiles and stored settings from other programmes, it should not be going anywhere near altering other programs.

Frankly with the experience of tyring to help you fix this bug, and the seriousness of the bug, I will just use another FTP program - I really don't have the time to jump through hoops, if you don't want to fix the bug, that's your call.

We are unable to reproduce the bug that is why we are asking for more information.

We are unable to reproduce the bug that is why we are asking for more information.

Wish you had just said that in the first place!

I was about to upload screenshots, but the Add Attachment option are missing.