SmartFTP 3 adds whitespace?

I have been using SmartFTP for many years and I'm very happy with it, I've never seen any reason to look anywhere else for ftp software. I've only used it on an amateur basis, though, so no problems or questions have ever really arisen.

Now I am working with more people on different projects and we all upload stuff to a server - using different applications, I suppose. Now, one colleague is suggesting that my FTP program, which I think I am the only one using, leaves empty rows in php/html documents and has asked me to revise my settings.

1) I don't know what settings to look for
2) I'm not sure this is a problem caused by SmartFTP

Has anyone experienced anything similar??

Whereas the documents in question are fine on my computer, when I download the latest version on the server I can indeed see for myself that the documents effectively have an empty row/line in between each line of code which is quite tedious.

Hello ..

The problem is not caused by SmartFTP. Make sure you are uploading in binary mode. For technical support please purchase a license
https://www.smartftp.com/buy.php

Regards,
SmartFTP

You can inspect the log. If it the client sends a TYPE I the file is transferred in binary mode and everything from the client side should be okay.

You can inspect the log. If it the client sends a TYPE I the file is transferred in binary mode and everything from the client side should be okay.

OK, I will have a look at the log and then tell you what I found. Thanks.

I uploaded a test file and this is what the log displays:

[17:24:55] MLST display_ftp-test.php

[17:24:55] 550 Can't check for file existence

[17:24:55] The operation has been added to the Transfer Queue. Check the Transfer Queue for the status.

[17:25:09] MLST display_ftp-test.php

[17:25:09] 250-Begin

[17:25:09] type=file;size=37988;modify=20080519082216;UNIX.mode=0644;UNIX.uid=32006;UNIX.gi

d=32009;unique=806g7b81ba; display_ftp-test.php

[17:25:09] 250 End.

[17:25:09] STAT display_ftp-test.php

[17:25:10] 213-STAT

[17:25:10] -rw-r--r--	1 shp	  shp		 37988 May 19 10:22 display_ftp-test.php

[17:25:10] 213 End.

I'm unable to say anything about that, though, whether good or bad.

You have to look at the log from the Transfer Queue and not from the Remote Browser.