How to disable 'searching for items'

I've finally tracked down all of my problems with SFTP down to one thing. Every few seconds the remove window refreshes, and a dialogue pops up briefly saying 'searching for items...'

This is very annoying since i have thousands of files on my servers, and it keeps resetting everything. How do i disable this, i can't find anything in the settings for it.

i cant screen shot it, this is happening to fast to take a shot of

I take that back, by pure luck i got it lol

Okay, this is a screen of the 'searching for items' bit. You can see it under the folders pane

This is what happens next:

before resetting itself. Also remember that this is taking place in less than a second, and is repeating every few seconds.

Here's a screen shot of me looking through the files:

It then 'searches for items' and returns me to:

Very annoying. This is happening on every server i use, including my own website FTP server, making it hard to alter files

Any ideas about this please??

Do you have more than 1 instance of SmartFTP started?

Regards,
Mat

nope, only the one

Can you please post the system information from: Help->About "System Information"?

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

here you go:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2210 MHz
Total Memory : 2046 MB
Free Memory : 1291 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1016.1
Time Stamp : 2008-05-08 20:26:41
Platform : x86
Unlicensed
Days in use : 34

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.13.22
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.12.1
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.9
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.9.1
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.7.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1016.1

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.13

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

new build still doing this

I've finally tracked down all of my problems with SFTP down to one thing. Every few seconds the remove window refreshes, and a dialogue pops up briefly saying 'searching for items...'

This is very annoying since i have thousands of files on my servers, and it keeps resetting everything. How do i disable this, i can't find anything in the settings for it.

Hi Storsguard,

Have you solved your problem? I had a similar problem and it was annoying.

I solved my problem by uninstalling SmartFTP and removing all entries in the Windows Registry, related to SmartFTP. Then, I used Windows search to look for all remaining SmartFTP files and folders remaining on my hard drive and deleted them. After that, I re-installed SmartFTP and the problem was solved.

I hope the above will solve your problem. I'm running Windows XP Pro.

DHx2.