Unable to connect - Connection refused

My ftp isn't working, either. It won't connect to my server. In fact, on the internet, I can't even go to my site. Images I have linked from my site don't show to me. I know its not my server, because I'm hosted by a friend, and she can easily login to her ftp with my account, as well as hers, and she can see the website on the internet just fine.

Why would she be able to access my account and see the website, but I wouldn't? It happened suddenly, just two days ago. It's like my website became invisible to only me.

It says "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." My friend made new email accounts using the website, and thats the only new change. But everything works fine for her. What am I missing?

ashton: Your problem is not related to the initial poster's problem. In your case your software firewall is blocking SmartFTP from connecting to the server. Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in the software firewall and try again. I'm moving your post to the public support forum.

ashton: Your problem is not related to the initial poster's problem. In your case your software firewall is blocking SmartFTP from connecting to the server. Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in the software firewall and try again. I'm moving your post to the public support forum.

Oh. thank you! Sorry for the mis-post.

Okay, so nothing makes it work. The only firewall I have is the one from Windows, and I haven't changed it, so nothing should be different. Smart FTP is on the list of exceptions for the Windows firewall.

Like previously stated, my ftp worked fine for almost a year up until yesterday. I didn't download any new programs or do anything that would change previous settings. I can't even access my website on the internet, and all my hot-links are invisible to me, too. It's like the website doesn't exist. However, I've talked to some people, and they can get to the site just fine on the net, and my host can log into my account from her ftp just fine.

I have no idea what to do. I even turned off my firewall temporarily, but that didn't work, either. Please help!

It looks like there is something wrong with your computer if the IP is blocked. Try to ping it from the command line:
ping host
and then try telnet
telnet host 80 (for the web server)
and
ftp host (for ftp)

Regards,
Mat

It looks like there is something wrong with your computer if the IP is blocked. Try to ping it from the command line:
ping host
and then try telnet
telnet host 80 (for the web server)
and
ftp host (for ftp)

Regards,
Mat

Pinging the host doesn't work either. This is such a new problem, only two days old, and I haven't changed anything to make it this way. As it is, its only my server I can't access at all, because my computer is blocking it from me. I need to use ftp to access my site, but without being able to access the server, I'm completely lost, I really appreciate all your help, and hope that you can aid with this, too. Thank you!!