Favorites not showing in manage favorites view

I've just upgraded to SmartFTP v3.0.1013.8 on Windows Vista because my older version (can't remember the version number) was very out of date and refusing to start.

Favorites still show in the favorites menu, and they are still added automatically to the quick launch folder when I visit a new site. The XML files are still present in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\SmartFTP\Client 2.0

But when I click on manage favorites or edit favorites, the window is shown but with no favorites or folders showing in either the main part of the window or the folder tree.
All the menu commands are greyed out except find favorite which then doesn't do anything.
Right-clicking on the blank white space of the favorite pane actually causes the programme to stop working and Windows closes it down.

As far as I can tell the rest of the programme seems to be working fine.

So I can't manage my favorites.

Except I suppose I could move the xml files between folders and edit them directly in a text editor.

Hello ..

Try to delete the registry key at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP

using regedit.exe

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Try to delete the registry key at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP

using regedit.exe

Regards,
Mat

OK, I have deleted the whole key but it has made no difference. All the positioning and appearance settings reverted to their defaults, but still no sign of the favorites in the manage favorites window.

In this case I don't have any more ideas.

Did you try to install it from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

and did you restart your computer after the installation?

Regards,
Mat