Version 3 Problems...

First, when I right-click on a folder in the Remote Browser and try to create a New folder, the options are all blank...

The option to create New folders from the left panel of the Remote Browser is now gone altogether...

Also, the new "feature" in the Local Browser replacing the path to the file in the Address bar is worthless and problematic. How do I turn that off and restore the old more simple and fully functional Address field? I want to get rid of this:

And restore this:

I'm sure the developer devoted a lot of time and energy adding this new "feature", but it totally ignores the KISS principle and makes it more difficult to use. I doubt that's what was intended. This is one "feature" that I would prefer not to have, ever. I hope I don't have to revert to version 2.5 to get the more usable functionality that was simpler to use and works better for my needs...

Also, when dragging a file from the Local Browser to the Remote, instead of overwriting the file, it leaves an empty copy of it. It leaves an empty copy even if I delete the empty copy from the Remote Browser, then drag the file from the Local Browser...

I think I will be reverting to version 2.5. 3.0 seems to have far too many new problems and seems to have made some features that worked well in the past much more difficult to use. IMO, 3.0 is not ready for primetime...

>Problems with menu
Are you running Windows 2000? Because support for Windows 2000 is limited.

>Address bar
This is a feature a lot of users like. You can just go into edit mode by clicking on an empty space in the control.

>Your opinion about worthless etc
If you do not like the new features do not use them. Install version 2.5 from:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/smar ... f2599.html

Regards,
Mat

Yes, I am running W2K and will continue to do so since it is the last Windows OS that didn't phone home and allow M$ to control my PC. I have been a strong supporter of SmartFtp for years and recommend it to everyone who I offer tech support to. But the way this new version is running, I will not be able to recommend it until all of these new problems are resolved and even then, it may be too complicated for most people who I help. The older version made far more sense to far more people than these new more complicated "features". IMO, this was a bad decision to overly complicate something that didn't need it. This totally defies the KISS principle, and if you are a programmer like I am, you know that KISS is usually the best approach to any programming solution...

I have reverted to 2.5 and I know of at least one other person who has done the same today. I imagine that this will be happening a lot until these new version 3 problems are corrected. I am VERY disappointed in version 3. This definitely isn't better than what we had in version 2.5. I'm really, really disappointed because SmartFtp was one of my favorite applications that I recommended far more than almost any other application...