After transfer queue is empty, log keeps filling up

I really like the transfer queue, but I have one niggle.

After the transfer queue is empty, the transfer log keeps filling up, similar to this:

[15:27:18] MDTM cms_details.php
[15:27:18] 213 20080411052537
[15:27:19] STAT db_details.php
[15:27:19] 211-Status of db_details.php:
[15:27:19] -rw-r--r-- 1 f6 pg17991 362 Apr 10 22:25 db_details.php
[15:27:19] 211 End of status

Until the log stops being written to, I can't navigate the remote server, or add more uploads to the queue.

Can anyone explain what is happening? Even though the queue is empty, are the uploads still in progress? Or can I safely break the connection to the server?

The Remote Browser automatically updates its view with the new files that have been transferred. That's the reason you see some commands after the upload completes. As this check only takes 1 second you can navigate to another folder or add other files to the Transfer Queue of course.

As this check only takes 1 second you can navigate to another folder or add other files to the Transfer Queue of course.

It takes a lot longer than that! If I have uploaded a lot of files (let's say thousands), after the upload completes the remote browser log keeps filling up for several minutes. During that time I can't navigate to other folders.

Can you please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog?

Regards,
Mat

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 2400 MHz
Total Memory : 2045 MB
Free Memory : 853 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1012.0
Time Stamp : 2008-03-30 23:33:45
Platform : x86
Unlicensed
Days in use : 12

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.12.38
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.8.0
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.9
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.5.0
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.3.0

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1012.0

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Thank you. Please install the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

There will be a new released tomorrow which improves the situation even more.

Regards,
Mat

Version 3.0.1013.0 didn't fix my issue unfortunately

I have noticed that if I am just transferring a few files, I can continue to browse the remoter server and add new downloads to the queue. It is only when I am transferring a large number of files that it locks up.

Yep the new version has not been released yet. And it only "fixes" the problem when you upload files into a folder which you never visited before. e.g. if you upload a folder with 1000 files inside it will no longer do the checks. But if you upload 1000 files into an existing folder you visited in the Remote Browser you will have the same problem.
It's safe to close the Remot Browser during the transfer or after.

Regards,
Mat

Yep the new version has not been released yet. And it only "fixes" the problem when you upload files into a folder which you never visited before. e.g. if you upload a folder with 1000 files inside it will no longer do the checks. But if you upload 1000 files into an existing folder you visited in the Remote Browser you will have the same problem.
It's safe to close the Remot Browser during the transfer or after.

Regards,
Mat

Sounds good. As long as I know it's safe to close the remote browser (or open a new one) I'm happy.

I'll keep an eye out for the next version.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this issue. I am very impressed with your customer service.

The problem with opening a new Remote Browser to the same server is that SmartFTP will just continue to send the commands there.
But I hope the new version will help. I will let you know as soon as it is released.

Regards,
Mat

Works a treat! I have tested it with uploading 1000+ files to an empty folder, and overwriting 1000+ files on the server. In both cases I can now navigate the remothe browser while the uploads are in progress.