The client told me I was logged in and uploading when I wasn't

Yesterday I experienced a fault of SFTP's that caused me to spend an hour on live chat complaining to a representative of my host. IPowerWeb isn't the greatest, you see, and naturally when my files weren't showing up even though SFTP said I had uploaded them, I assumed my host was at fault. A few minutes ago, though, I determined that the fault actually lies with SFTP.
Apparently the host had gone through some upgrades, and so the host address I always entered into SFTP was no longer applicable. However, I entered it, along with my login and the WRONG password. I entered the correct one at first, but SFTP said the login was incorrect, so I tried the "wrong" one and was able to log in. I uploaded a few files. I clicked on them and opened them from SFTP. They were indeed there, according to the client. But when I attempted to access them on my browser, they were not there.
So I just spent an hour talking to support for my host, only to find out that all my problems stemmed from the fact that SFTP said that I was successfully logged in and uploading files to my domain when in fact I WASN'T.
This is not good.

See, I was kind of in a hurry, because I needed to make some changes to my personal site before I added it to my portfolio to show a prospective employer. Now I have wasted two days on this issue, and someone else might have gotten the job. I was fully intending to blame the whole thing on IPower, and switch to a new host immediately.
Instead, it may be my FTP client that I am switching.

Unless this issue has been resolved in later versions?

Simple answer to your long story: You cannot upload files if you are not logged in.

BTW: Please add your license key id to your profile in the forum. Thank you.

Simple answer to your long story: You cannot upload files if you are not logged in.

BTW: Please add your license key id to your profile in the forum. Thank you.

Wellll then how do you explain the fact that the log told me I was logged in, and that I uploaded files, but the address and password were in fact WRONG, and I can't even log in to my host's control panel with them?