SFTP using SSH2

Well, finally SmartFTP begun supporting SFTP over SSH. Thank you guys.

I just realized about the new feature today, and downloaded immediately to test the feature. One my client's FTP server requires SFTP using SSH2. Since SmartFTP wasn't capable to connect before, I was using Filezilla, which is also a powerful client yet, missing so much comfort SmartFTP gives. Plus, I really would like to use only one application for one purpose not two or more.

Anyway, about my problem now; my connection to their FTP server requires a Cisco VPN connection. And also a couple changes in Filezilla's settings: Servertype: SFTP using SSH2; Port:22. Logontype stays Normal as the default.

I tried the similar settings with the new SmartFTP, of course after opening the secure tunnel with the Cisco's VPN client. But unfortunately, it choked. I tried several combinations of settings, yet none would work.

I really appreciate any help or idea you would like to share. Thanks,

p.s. how much of a big difference between SFTP over SSH and SSH2? Is this what's going on my issue?

Here's connection log:
[19:15:59] SmartFTP v3.0.1011.18

[19:15:59] Resolving host name "remote-secure-server.com"

[19:15:59] Connecting to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Port: 22

[19:15:59] Starting SSH session. Remote Id: "SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.1"

[19:15:59] Initiating key exchange.

[19:16:00] Computing session key.

[19:16:00] Key Exchange Algorithm: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1

[19:16:00] Key exchange completed.

[19:16:00] Host Key Algorithm: ssh-rsa

[19:16:00] Client to Server Encryption: aes128-ctr

[19:16:00] Server to Client Encryption: aes128-ctr

[19:16:00] Session HMAC: hmac-sha1

[19:16:00] Client to Server Compression: zlib

[19:16:00] Server to Client Compression: zlib

[19:16:00] Authentication request. Method: "password"

[19:16:01] Server supported authentications: gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,password,keyboard-interactive

[19:16:01] Authentication request. Method: "password"

[19:16:01] User authentication failed.

[19:16:01] Client closed the connection.

[19:16:01] Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...

[19:16:12] Aborted by user.

Hello ..

SFTP over SSH in SmartFTP is SSH2.

Go to the favorite settings then in the SFTP dialog in the Authentications options uncheck/disable "Password" and enable "Keyboard Interactive". Then try again and please post the new log.

I also assume that you have the correct username/password?

Regards,
Mat

Go to the favorite settings then in the SFTP dialog in the Authentications options uncheck/disable "Password" and enable "Keyboard Interactive".

Mat,

that did the trick.

Thank you,