transfer queue problem smartftp 3.1011.3

Hi.
Since I am using this program for free, I guess I can't complain, so I will just have to get used to this new stuff,
but I am having a problem with the transfer queue,
when I try to upload a file. it will stay at the transfer queue.. and there is a small icon that says "Zzz" and it says "Retry in ... (time)".. it will stay there a couple of seconds...
now for everyfile it takes like 8 seconds to upload and I cant work like this is too slow, is there a way to fix this?

This is the log:

[10:23:58] Resolving host name "xx.xx.xx.xx"
[10:23:58] Connecting to xx.xx.xx.xx Port: 21
[10:23:59] Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx.
[10:23:59] xx.xx.xx.xx. FTP server ready
[10:23:59] USER victor
[10:24:00] 331 Password required for victor.
[10:24:00] PASS (hidden)
[10:24:01] Server closed connection

As you can see from the log the server closes the connection. Maybe your server limits your concurrent connections to one?
Contact your web hosting provider and ask them for assistance.

ok now it seems to work better, but one other question
it seems that for every file it transfers , it has to login to the ftp and make a new connection to the server ..etc , is there a way to keep the connection open?, I think I had this problem with 2.5 and I fix it .. but I forgot where the option was.

Thanks.

VictorCL.

Well after trying and trying .. I just doesnt work very well for me , the file will stay at queue for sometime until it uploads,
I have used smarft for always and I recomended to all my friends ,
and now I have to use another ftp while you fix this ¬¬ , I know is free and we can't complain..
but in my opinion , you cant just change the way people work with a software suddenly.
I really wanted to try version 3 and I was waiting for this release, but is not working for me

Well I'll be checking for updates.

VictorCL.

You have to provide more details if you want us to look at your problem. SmartFTP doesn't open a new connection for every file. It only opens one and reuses it.

Hello ..

Yes it looks that your server limits the number of concurrent connections to one. You need to ask your web hosting to change this limit.
Or you have to close the Remote Browser in SmartFTP before you start the Transfer Queue.

>similiar problem
If you use an empty password, SmartFTP asks you to enter it when you first connect using the Remote Browser. In this dialog select "Session" in the combo box. This way the password can be used for connections in the Transfer Queue as well. If your password is not empty this doesn't apply.

Regards,
Mat

another thing that kinds of annoy me , is my notebook shorcuts buttons on the keyboard, they are disabled when I use smarftp, not only on this laptop but on another one that I have also.

I can't use the volume controls on my laptops when I have open smatftp.

Is this a known bug?

We will look into this problem. Please create a separate thread for each new bug report in the future ;-)

Thank you.
Regards,
Mat

Bug with the application commands found and fixed. Will be available in the next build.

¬¬ how did you fix it so fast?
I had this problem with smartftp since always , on version 2.5 happens the same thing, it blocks all volume button on keyboards.

Well now is fixed .

VictorCL.

It will be great to see the keyboard volume controls work in the next build! I reported this months ago and I got the impression it would never be fixed. SmartFTP is the only application I use that disables keyboard volume controls.

nice . well my problem regarding my original problem about the transfer queue ,
well I ask the ftp server admin to increase my ftp connections from 1 to 4 and now the upload seems to go much faster

VictorCL

Oliver,
can you tell us how you got the Transfer queue to work for you?
Joan[

quote name='oliver341' date='Mar 28 2008, 02:49 PM' post='45368']
Brilliant, I can confirm my keyboard's "special keys" now work again!

By the way, I'm probably the only one, but I don't mind the new transfer queue system.
[/quote]

Oliver,
can you tell us how you got the Transfer queue to work for you?

I drag from the local window to the remote window. The files go into the transfer queue window and copy across to the remote server successfully.

Maybe the problems are FTP server specific? I'm uploading to ProFTPd.

okay, dumb question of the year, I'm sure, but what's an FTP server?
Joan

I drag from the local window to the remote window. The files go into the transfer queue window and copy across to the remote server successfully.

Maybe the problems are FTP server specific? I'm uploading to ProFTPd.