Problem installing volume 3 - deleted by security software before installed

Hi -
I'm having a problem installing the 32 and 64 bit versions of smart ftp, but not the beta, and need some help.

I'm running a PC with Windows XP Pro and tried to download and install smart ftp from here: https://www.smartftp.com/download/

When I download the 32 and 64 bit, and then click to open file SFTPMSI.exe, the program is instantly deleted by system. When Stopzilla is on, it says "Media-Codec" has been deleted and blocked. So I turn off Stopzilla, and McAfee I guess blocks it, but then when I turn off McAfee, it still won't install! I usually use firefox, but using IE didn't help the matter. Needless to say, I'm completely stumped.

I do not encounter this problem with the beta, which readily installs. But I'd much rather NOT run the beta.

Can anybody please advise a way around this so that I can install SmartFTP?

Thanks!

Uninstall Stopzilla and try again.

It's obviously a false alarm.

Regards,
Mat

Uninstall Stopzilla and try again.

It's obviously a false alarm.

Regards,
Mat

It's not just Stopzilla that deletes it. As I noted, I exit Stopzilla, McAfee stops it. I exit McAfee and it still doesn't work, though no idea what's stopping it... Have you seen/heard of this issue before? FYI it's also affecting my installation of Winamp. Thanks!

Hello ..

I haven't heard of this so far. Maybe there is another applications installed on your computer which blocks the installation? Maybe you need to stop a service instead of just closing an application window.

Regards,
Mat