Queued uploads

I have one site, where the queued upload is not working, so I did it without the queue and this works fine. Bit in 3.0 everything goes to the queue. Or do I have an option to transfer it directly.

The log file says:

[14:42:44] Ermittle IP zu Hostnamen ftp.stadt.heim.at
[14:42:44] Verbindung mit 213.208.133.93 Port: 21
[14:42:44] Verbunden mit ftp.stadt.heim.at.
[14:42:54] 220 STADT.HEIM.AT FTP-Server ready.
[14:42:54] USER 131204
[14:42:54] 530 Nur ein gleichzeitiges Login ist moeglich.
[14:42:54] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/51

The German message means that only one login is possible - and I can't figure out how to change this. This only happens when I use the queue - with direct transfer it works. And it is only one site, that makes these problems.

Regards
Peter

Hello ..

To circument the server restriction disconnect the connection in the Remote Browser. You can either close the Remote Browser or just click on the Disconnect button in the toolbar.

Regards,
Mat

Hallo Mat,

thank you, that works - but that means, that before transfering a file, I always have to disconnect. I have tried this: when I want to transfer 5 files, then I have to do this one by one, everytime disconnect, because when I have all 5 filed in the queue, only the first works.
Not really an improvement. Just a pain in this certain case.

Regards
Peter

If you want to transfer 5 files add all the files to the transfer queue. Then disconnect the Remote Browser and start the Transfer Queue.

Your server is probably the one to blame because it limits your number of connections to one. I hope you are not paying for the web hosting service ;-)

Regards,
Mat

Hi Matt!

If I do this, only 1 or 2 files are transfered, then I get this msg again and had to cancel the connection again.
No, I don't pay for it, it is a free service, but it is also not my homepage, I do it just for a friend, so I also can not change to another provider.

Regards
Peter

Ah to avoid it you have to close the Remote Browser otherwise SmartFTP tries to update the view in the Remote Browser. To update the view SmartFTP connects to the server and gets the new file information.
We are aware this is not the best solution but only a very small number of web hosting providers limit the concurrent connections to one. Web hosting is so cheap these days that it's not worth using a free web hosting provider in my opinion. You can get 500gb of web space, almost unlimited bandwidth for 5 usd/month.

Regards,
Mat

Hi Mat!

Close Remote Brower does not help, but in the Properties of the Favorites i have to set Workers=1 then it works, after stopping the connection.
And it's not my decision which host is used, I have to live with this. Yes, not a very fine solutuion. The best thing would be, if I can say in the favorites that it should be a direct transfer or to automatically stop the connection before transfer.

Regards,
Peter