Are Instantaneous Uploads Possible?

In previous versions, I used to be able to upload files instantaneously, instead of having the file go into the Transfer Queue, and then starting the Transfer Queue each time a file is submitted.

Is there any way in Version 3 to either disable the Transfer Queue or allow the Queue to automatically upload the file as it is received?

I've looked in the Knowledge Base and these Forums and haven't found the answer yet.

Thanks.

No this is not possible. The queue automatically uploads the file when started.

The benefits of using a queue are understood. But why not leave the queue enabled by default but let the user choose to disable it (say via a checkbox somewhere hidden in the setting screens)? How can it hurt to offer the choice, especially since you always did in the past?

Also, are you saying that the queue is not only mandatory, but that it must be manually started every time (i.e., there's no way to have it auto-start when something appears in it)?

Thank you.

Just leave the Transfer Queue started.

Many users were confused by the different transfer methods.

Regards,
Mat

This transfer queue business is a nonsense . Each time smartftp is started one has to start the queue anew. this is a pain in the neck and I Am polite. There should be an option to turn this off.

Hello ..

For new installations the Transfer Queue is automatically started and SmartFTP remembers its state. You can verify these settings in the menu: Tools->Settings "Queue" dialog.
Set the "On Application Start" option to "Remember Last State" or if you want to start it every time (regardless of the state before you closed SmartFTP) set the option to "Start Queue".

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

For new installations the Transfer Queue is automatically started and SmartFTP remembers its state. You can verify these settings in the menu: Tools->Settings "Queue" dialog.
Set the "On Application Start" option to "Remember Last State" or if you want to start it every time (regardless of the state before you closed SmartFTP) set the option to "Start Queue".

Regards,
Mat
Yes, i Did that of coutrse, but what I hate is seeing this banner/button telling me to click each time I upload a file though the file is uploaded. This is not logical, if the queue is started one should not see this button/banner.
By the way when I upload a file it states that the size of this file is 0. A refreh gets the correct size.
Please, rid us of this banner/button/window...
Thanks

The info bar is only displayed if the Transfer Queue is not started or hidden. You do not need to click on it.

The file size is automatically updated in the Remote Browser during the transfer and at the end. Maybe you running an old version which suffered from a bug which caused this problem under some circumstances. Try to update to the latest version: https://www.smartftp.com/download

Many users were confused by the different transfer methods.

Many users are morons. I don't always want to use the transfer queue. I want to drag and drop like I did before without messages telling what I already know. The simple dialog box asking to "overwrite", "skip", or "abort" is now so filled with crap that it's actually harder to use. You've succeeded at dumbing down your product at the expense of your experienced users. Bravo. People confused by the different transfer methods probably shouldn't be using FTP in the first place. I'm going to play along for a shot while, but I suspect I'll be looking for a smart-er FTP client soon.