Upload and Download buttons are not "live"

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me.

After receiving a prompt to upload the new version of SmartFTP, I did so. I uninstalled the old version.

The top two buttons in the center column (in between my remote and local browsers), the upload and download buttons, are not "active". That is to say, I can't click on the upload button to upload my files to my website. It isn't clickable. I never had this problem before and it's a frustration as I need to get these files loaded.

There's nothing in the help files that I can find.

Would anyone know why the upload and download buttons aren't able to be used/clicked? I tried to drag/drop the files as well ... didn't work ... all my old content is still on the website. It is much easier to simply use the upload button.

Thank you!

Hello ..

Could you please post a screenshot showing the SmartFTP window with the disabled buttons?

Also please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Could you please post a screenshot showing the SmartFTP window with the disabled buttons?

Also please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Regards,
Mat

Mat, thanks for your quick reply.

I have no idea how to post a screen shot. I can tell you the only two buttons that are "clickable" are the bottom two in the row (Queue/Direct Transfer and Syn Navigation). There are six total, the top four (upload, download, move, and move)are not clickable. The row of buttons is located in between the remote and local browsers.

I loved using Smart FTP for the short time I did because it was so easy to upload files to the web .... highlight the files on the local browser and remote browser, and click the upload button.

Here's the System info you asked for:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1799 MHz
Total Memory : 253 MB
Free Memory : 74 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1008.40
Time Stamp : 2008-02-13 19:44:35
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.12.24
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.4.40
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.5
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.1.40
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1008.40

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's version 2.5.1008.40 that I downloaded.

Thank you!

Jim

Hello ...

Do you have the files you want to upload selected in the list view?

To post a screenshot. Press the Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard. Then go to Paint or any other paint application you have and paste the screenshot from the clipboard. Edit->Paste.
Then save the image/file to a png. Then upload it to: http://imageshack.us/
and post the link here.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat