SmartFTP throwing Error on startup

Some background.
- AMD Athlon 64 Processor
- 3000+
- 1.81 GHz, 2.00GB of Ram

- Microsoft Windows XP
- Version 2002
- Service Pack 2

I've been using Smart FTP for a while, this is the first serious issue I've encountered.

I was originally using v2.5.? when the error first appeared. I had left SmartFTP open for an extended period of time, and when I tried to upload something to my server, it continually timed out. I tried a few other favorite connections, all of them timed out as well. This is a typical problem for me. If I leave SmartFTP open for an extended period of time without use, then come back, sometimes it will be unable to connect to any server.

I tried to do what I normally do to correct the issue: close the application and restart it. This has always fixed the problem before.

This time, when I went to restart the application, I get the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program C:\Program Files\SmartFTP Client\SmartFTP.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the applications support team for more information.

OK

I first tried to solve the problem by going to Add / Remove programs and running a repair on the application. It made me restart to take effect. After restart, no dice, same error.
I then uninstalled the program, and re-installed the most current version, 2.5.x. After a Full Install, the error persisted.
I then uninstalled and tried to install the 3.0 beta version of the software. Again, the error persisted.

I have another FTP Client, and it's working fine, but I prefer SmartFTP, any ideas what the issue may be?

KJ

Please try the latest version:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If this doesn't work please delete the registry at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP

Regards,
Mat

Deleting the registry solved the issue.