Cannot resave a file that's just been uploaded

Hi

I've been looking for a new ftp program for a while. SmartFtp is the best yet but I am having one problem which is affecting my ability to work.

If I save a file, then upload it with SmartFtp then fine.
If I change the same file and go to resave, I get a permission error. I have to select a different file in the SmartFtp local browser beofre it releases it's hold on the file and allows me to save in notepad.

V2.5.1008
Vista x64

Is there a way around this behavour as its the only thing that's stopping me buy this software.

regards

Spotta

Hello ...

Please install the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/get/SFTPMSI64.exe

What editor are you using? Also you may want to close the Preview pane in the Local Browser.

Regards,
Mat

Post the system information from the menu:Help->About "System Information" dialog.

Regards,
Mat

Post the system information from the menu:Help->About "System Information" dialog.

Regards,
Mat

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
(Build 6000)

CPU Speed : 2400 MHz
Total Memory : 4093 MB
Free Memory : 1762 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1008.37
Time Stamp : 2008-02-01 00:10:32
Platform : x64

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.12.13
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.4.37
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.5
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.1.37
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1008.37

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6000.16575

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Cheers

Spotta

Hi

Any further news on this issue - it's still driving me mad....

Spotta

We can't fix something we cannot reproduce. If you have steps on how to reproduce it, we will fix it within 48h.

Regards,
Mat

No problem. Its good to be told this rather than thinking my post is being being ignored.
I write something up for you.

shall I post it here or email it to you?

Spotta

You can post it here. Maybe others will be able to reproduce it and tell us what we are missing.

Regards,
Mat

Hi

I got my screen capture software ready first thing this morning, fired up my programs -
And it worked perfectly =/

I will be working on a few web sites today, so I'll record it if it does happen again.
the only thing I have changed on my system since yesterday is to remove the trial of FlashFXP.

Spotta