drag and drop upload fails sometimes

Sometimes, usually the first time after booting windows vista business, uploading files by dragging and dropping fails with no error message. All messages appear to work perfectly well, but the files on the ftp server are not updated and the old access times and dates remain unchanged. It can happen when doing this uploading multiple files. All files remain unchanged when the bug is encountered, and the (html, for example) files are not changed. Here is the clipboard:
+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
(Build 6000)

CPU Speed : 1691 MHz
Total Memory : 957 MB
Free Memory : 489 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1008.27
Time Stamp : 2007-12-15 05:00:40
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.11.20
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.4.27
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.4
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.1.27
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1008.27

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6000.16575

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

No screenshots are necessary since no error messages result. If you exit and restart SmartFTP, it then works. Thank you.

Same problem here. I found that by renaming the files I copy, then moving them, it works. I then have to delete the remote copy and rename the one I copied back to it's original name. This just started a week or so ago and I'm pulling my hair out over it!

HELP!

I see I should post in the bug report forum. Additional information: the file doesn't get uploaded even when it isn't being replaced; it failed for a new file also. Finally, contrary to what was stated before, it can fail to upload on multiple uses of smaftftp on the same boot of Vista. I thoutht it failed only the first time, but it has now failed multiple times on the same boot.

Ever since I installed SmartFTP, drag and drop from the local browser to the remote browser sometimes fails with no error messages resulting. I posted in the wrong forum evidently and got 1 reply but no solutions. It can happen when replacing a single file, when replacing multiple files, and it failed with a file that did not exist on the fileserver either. All steps appear to work, but in checking the dates, times, and sizes the files are not updated and the old files remain. When it fails, less time passes for the operation to complete than when it works (some hidden steps are no doubt not being performed). The log shows nothing either, simply an occasional NOOP. Upon exiting SmartFTP and restarting it, the files can then be successfully transfered. This can happen upon multiple invokations of SmartFTP on the same boot of Windows Vista Business. Thank you. Here is the clipboard:
+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
(Build 6000)

CPU Speed : 1691 MHz
Total Memory : 957 MB
Free Memory : 456 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1008.27
Time Stamp : 2007-12-15 05:00:40
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.11.20
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.4.27
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.4
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.1.27
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1008.27

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6000.16575

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2
No movie is needed since no error messages are given and it is not always reproducable (fails 20% of the time).

1. Please take a look at the readme before making a bug report
2. You do not have the latest version installed
3. No logs have been provided
4. The instructions how to reproduce it are missing.

But it's very likely not a bug with SmartFTP. If you still think otherwise file a proper bug report.

Thank you
Regards,
SmartFTP

Sorry, my error. I was dragging and dropping to a different folder on the server. I didn't know this was important, but the folder says "0 bytes" and I thoght it was empty. All my lost files were there.

Sorry, my error. I was dragging and dropping to a folder on the server. The folder says "0 bytes" so I thought it was empty. I didn't know this was important. I now found all my lost files in the folder. Thank you for a great product!