Can't get hidden files to show remote or local

I followed the instructions in the Help file and my hidden files are still not showing. Also, I cannot find how to get them to show in the local browser. Now evertime I have to upload an .htaccess file or delete a folder that uses one, I have to login to my host and use their pos file manager Help!

In favorites I went to Transfer and set the LIST arguments to -a -L.

Lastly, is there any way to get this to be my default? I went under options for the main program, not the favorite, and can't find anything under Transfer.

Thanks a ton!

-Jessica

I followed the instructions in the Help file and my hidden files are still not showing. Also, I cannot find how to get them to show in the local browser. Now evertime I have to upload an .htaccess file or delete a folder that uses one, I have to login to my host and use their pos file manager Help!

In favorites I went to Transfer and set the LIST arguments to -a -L.

Lastly, is there any way to get this to be my default? I went under options for the main program, not the favorite, and can't find anything under Transfer.

Thanks a ton!

-Jessica

Sorry to bump but this is a big pain - I really would like to keep using SmartFTP but if I can't see .htaccess files, I can't use it - all of my web apps rely on that hidden file, and I can't use SmartFTP AND the host's FTP. I will have to switch to some other FTP program - please someone give me some help here?
Thanks,
Jessica