Question from an absolute novice!

Hi everyone, I'm new here but use SmartFTP to update a local comunity site centred around diabetes care and support.

I'm having problems just getting into the client - I double click to open it and it brings up an upgrade/renewal/purchase message. Being a voluntary organisation, we don't have a great deal of money so I tried to renew the licence. I download it, run and install it and yet get the exact same message.

Can someone help? (Use laments terms if you can, pretend you're talking to a child....!) Does this mean I HAVE to purchase it now?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I'm new here but use SmartFTP to update a local comunity site centred around diabetes care and support.

I'm having problems just getting into the client - I double click to open it and it brings up an upgrade/renewal/purchase message. Being a voluntary organisation, we don't have a great deal of money so I tried to renew the licence. I download it, run and install it and yet get the exact same message.

Can someone help? (Use laments terms if you can, pretend you're talking to a child....!) Does this mean I HAVE to purchase it now?

Many thanks in advance.

nothing wrong if you did, as a voluntary (non-profit)? it would likely be tax-deductible for y'all (see your Tax advisor) and would be worth it for the support alone, (you being a newbie as you say)

make sure you are trying to run the VERY LATEST version though...check the posts of "MB" he has the latest link in a signature line of each post. DL from there and try again