cache'

I used to develop with sftp but now its a pain.

Files are updated and saved in an external program, but the references in the local ftp browser do not update the server files.

I used to make changes, and drag the files to the server. It doesn't seem to work any more.

I have to close the local browser, and reopen it to get refreshed versions of the files.

I used to develop with sftp but now its a pain.

Files are updated and saved in an external program, but the references in the local ftp browser do not update the server files.

I used to make changes, and drag the files to the server. It doesn't seem to work any more.

I have to close the local browser, and reopen it to get refreshed versions of the files.

have u tried clearing and /or disabling caching?
also, there is handy REFRESH button on the screen you could use to force a refresh

finally, I havent tried this yet but:

could you try backing up your settings, opening up the resulting zip file and see if there is any readable information there you could post here?
(you would have to go through and take out any security information of course)

Have you tried installing on a different machine - or maybe doing a reinstall?

i'm out of ideas...ask me about chicken - (have you tried a lemon pepper marinade?)

i'm out of ideas...ask me about chicken - (have you tried a lemon pepper marinade?)
Further testing yields the only way it works for me.

YOu can refresh all day long but it doesnt make a difference. No caching, no browser cache'. Nothing. nada. Multiple browsers from different machines.
the chicken?

Yes it tasty.
but

I open ftp remote window and local browser.
I open a local file out of the local browser by double clicking it.
I edit it.
Drag it to the remote window, and it uploads.
Server file does not update.

I must close the editor. delete the file locally. drag the file from the server. reopen editor, delete file off of server, then drag to remote window

THEN and ONLY THEN, can I refresh the browser and get updated content.
Older versions were a joy to use.

Im likely to configue a stinking windows 'My network place' pointing to the dev sight.

Hello ..

1. Your version information are missing
2. Always try it with the latest version

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

1. Your version information are missing
2. Always try it with the latest version

Regards,
Mat
I always have the updater on. I have been up dating and reinstalling new versions per updater's advice, since late 2003 I believe.
It was the latest version, however after reinstalling it, it appears to be working again.

I always have the updater on. I have been up dating and reinstalling new versions per updater's advice, since late 2003 I believe.
It was the latest version, however after reinstalling it, it appears to be working again.

Nope I get a couple edits then it no longer works.

If I cant drag and drop an updated file out of the local browser to the remote browser and know that 1. sftp actually sends the updated file or 2. the server file is overwriten when I tell it to, then its no longer a dependable element in the development chain.

I've appreciated the free product as a home user/hobbiest, but i just cant deal with this when quick elimination of php/html/www script bugs is paramount to the operation.

Thank you SFTP, E-mail me with the next version update if you wouldnt mind... Id be happy to test it.

Or possibly direct me to some magical settings that brings it back to the old functionality.

The latest version is always available from: https://www.smartftp.com/download
Only major upgrades are deployed using the update check in SmartFTP. Therefore if we request you to install the latest version we mean to install it from the link above.

To your problem: I do not really understand what you are trying to do and the problems you are having. Please provide more details.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Your problem is very likely not caused by SmartFTP but as long as you do not post the logs of your transfers we can't really tell you for sure.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Your problem is very likely not caused by SmartFTP but as long as you do not post the logs of your transfers we can't really tell you for sure.

Regards,
Mat

Alright , Ive enabled Logging and a transfer failed popup.

I'll give it another shot since I'd rather continue using sftp, I just dont understand why it stopped working as before.

What else could it be?

Some comcast conspiracy to serve cached content?

Like I said, it works once when I start the program, and I think I get one edit before having to restart sftp.

Away... loging enabled, I'll try again.