Help new user

Hi I just downloaded smart ftp so that I may receive files for transcription. I had all the info that I needed, client site, user name, password, and what file I was to download. However, I can't get past that it took the address of the ftp server but won't let me put in the user name or password and I can't get connected. I have set my security settings to allow this site and everything I can think of. Of course, I am not a techie and I just have no more recourse. I am sure this is a great program I just cannot make it work for me.

Any suggestions for someone who started as a newbie? I would so appreciate it. Am trying to get a home business going so need this secure method of transferring files. Thanks in advance.

Hello ..

To connect to the server go to the menu: File->New Remote Browser. Then enter all the information and press OK to connect.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks Mat. I did this as you said from that position and got that part to work but it still comes up with an error in red saying client server something or other, maybe disconnected or something like that. I am not at that computer right now.

Does the other person shut down access at a certain point? I wouldn't think so. Should I just set that one button on simply 'ftp' rather than one of the secure settings?

Thanks for your help.

Hello ..

To connect to the server go to the menu: File->New Remote Browser. Then enter all the information and press OK to connect.

Regards,
Mat