transfer with queue does not work (NOOP)

I can tranfer from local to ftp server via direct transfer (drag and drop). If I use the queue (as recommended) I always get:
[17:16:26] NOOP
[17:16:26] 200 NOOP command successful
[17:16:57] NOOP
[17:16:57] 200 NOOP command successful
[17:17:28] NOOP
[17:17:28] 200 NOOP command successful

I already deinstalled the programm, cleared the directory, shut down the computer and downloaded smartftp again. Again comes this mistake.
We would appreciate using smartftp as it is easy to use, but this mistake must be resolved.

Many thanks for help!

I can tranfer from local to ftp server via direct transfer (drag and drop). If I use the queue (as recommended) I always get:
[17:16:26] NOOP
[17:16:26] 200 NOOP command successful
[17:16:57] NOOP
[17:16:57] 200 NOOP command successful
[17:17:28] NOOP
[17:17:28] 200 NOOP command successful

I already deinstalled the programm, cleared the directory, shut down the computer and downloaded smartftp again. Again comes this mistake.
We would appreciate using smartftp as it is easy to use, but this mistake must be resolved.

Many thanks for help!

I'm having the same problem as well, but think I've resolved the issue changing from Passive to Active mode. Usually the ftp sites I go to need the Passive mode, but for some reason, this site seems to need the Active mode. Here is doc I found on the SmartFTP site:

Select Favorites > Edit Favorites from the SmartFTP menu. The SmartFTP Favorites window appears.
From the SmartFTP Favorites window select the Favorite of interest. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
Under the FTP option select Connection. From the Connection tab under Data Connection you can change the Mode to active (PORT) or passive (PASV) for the selected Favorite.
Note: The change is saved and active for future FTP sessions of this favorite item.

If you just want to change the mode for this one time then use the instructions below:

Current Session Setting

Click the "PASV" button on the toolbar when connected to a server.
You can also Switch between Active and Passive mode from:
Menu: Commands > Connection -> "Passive Mode".

Note: The change is only active during the current session. After the "Remote Browser" is closed the changes are lost.

Hope this helps...

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I followed the how-to about the transfer queue slide by slide and it does NOT work for me. SmartFTP just sends NOOP commands and nothing is transfered. Even switching to active mode does not work for me.

I'm having the same problem. I can use direct transfer without a problem but I really need to use the queue so I can auto resume and schedule d/l's

I've used the queue in smartftp in the past without a problem. I wonder if it isn't the updated version I recently downloaded?

There are no known problems with the transfer queue in the latest version. If you believe otherwise please file a proper bug report.
It would be a good idea to check the step by step tutorials at:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto

Regards,
Mat

The problem wasn't with the version at all. Whether or not the queue works depends on which server I'm up/downloading too. I u/l'ed to two different servers last night, one I was able to use the queue--the other wouldn't let me if my life depended on it. I assume this is NOT a smartftp problem but a problem on the server end?

You can double click on the queue item and the log will displayed. The log helps you analyze the problem why your transfers do not start.

You can double click on the queue item and the log will displayed. The log helps you analyze the problem why your transfers do not start.

Thanks The log doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but at least I have something to go on now.

You can post the log here and somebody might be able to help you.

Edit:posted then deleted the log because I figured it out and thought I'd share...

The answer was right here in front of me the whole time (ID ten error anyone?) But it was more complicated to accomplish than I thought...

It was the active/passive mode thing mentioned above. I knew I wanted active mode and I THOUGHT I was using active mode because the little "pasv" button was not pressed on the screen. BUT I had to make the connection a favorite and go into the properties of the connection as a favorite and change the setting from "default settings" to explicitly "active"

Works now.

A dumb problem with a dumb answer but I thought I'd share just in case someone else was stumbling on it as well...