Not letting me connect

Until now, I've used SmartFTP with no problem. However, I recently formatted my computer and installed the latest version. Now I found that I can't connect to more than one server. I know you're probably thinking it's because I formatted the computer, but I've done this numerous times and have never had a problem - until now. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and downloaded an older version, which is working fine so far. It's version 1.something I believe.

This wouldn't be such a big problem if I didn't design artwork for websites and install them for my clients. I can connect to my server, (all-thats-left.net) but it's refusing to let me onto theirs. It has the tab and everything, but when it's selected, what should have several folders/files below it is completely blank and the only thing showing in the Transfer menu is the "NOOP" command.

Not only that, but one of my clients whose server I couldn't get onto downloaded the same version and it's working just fine for her; she can even go on multiple tabs without a problem - as I used to be able to do.

This is driving me insane and I haven't yet found anybody with the same problem as I'm suffering. Also, if you're going to ask me for a log report, you might also want to include directions as I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

It doesn't matter who answers my question honestly, be it mod or member; I would just like to get this fixed.

-Kiera

Edited to Add: Okay... well, I downloaded one of the newest versions from this forum and my problem, though semi-resolved, I'm still curious; I noticed that the sites will work as long as I don't close out the Folder on the side; if I do that, that's when the problems start. I'd try it on this version, but I'm afraid it'll do the same thing again and I've been at this issue for about 2 or 3 days now... :/