Which file to choose?

Hi all,
Ok I have logged into smart FTP and my FTPfile came up on the left hand side of the page I am clicking this (then local browser under the file menu) hoping to see a list such as (Desktop, my computer etc) I am getting public ftp and public html and if I click on them I don't reconize any of the files???
So how can I upload my html files which I have stored o my desktop if they are not showing me this?? any suggestions many thanks Lance

Hi,
I took alook at the tutorials but my screen appears to be reversed to the one on the Tutorial?
My files appear to be opposite to the hosts? is this common??
Anyway I have draged and dropped the files into the public html files of the host, on going to my domain name their are given me a index page (Listing the files plus a few more I don't reconize) and sometimes the pages link ok then other times the message (Can't find the link???) its all a bit confusing, any suggestions, many thanks, Lance.

On typing into my browser my domain name i am getting this below:-
Index of /
All Users/
Homepage.HTML
cgi-bin/
confirmation.html
images/
incoming/
klausshreiber.html
mysetup.html
postinfo.html
Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_jk/1.2.25 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.lanceitc.com Port 80

I reconize my files there, but why isn't it going straight to my homepage? any suggestions, lance

Rename Homepage.HTML to index.html

Regards,
Mat

Thanks Mat! I have done that and its going straight to the home page LOl great stuff! But on clicking the other pages still getting error 402?? any suggestion, Lance