Stay Connected

Hello ..

The server automatically disconnects you after some inactivity. This is not a problem as SmartFTP automatically reconnects to the server.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

The server automatically disconnects you after some inactivity. This is not a problem as SmartFTP automatically reconnects to the server.

Regards,
Mat

I receive 421 Timeout and disconnect while files are uploading. I do not have automatic reconnect. I read there is a stay alive option but that option does not appear. How do I extend the time I am connected?

Thanks for any help.

<div align='center'>
Hello ..

Regards,
Mat

Hi,
i have the same problem when uploading large files at least 500MB .SERVER CLOSED THE CONNECTION. it ussually close the connection after uploading 15 to 20 mb. if smartftp automatically reconnects ,how come it resets the previous session

do i have to set anything? how do i do multipart transfer? hope to hear from u soon......thanks

<div align='center'>

Hi,
i have the same problem when uploading large files at least 500MB .SERVER CLOSED THE CONNECTION. it ussually close the connection after uploading 15 to 20 mb. if smartftp automatically reconnects ,how come it resets the previous session

do i have to set anything? how do i do multipart transfer? hope to hear from u soon......thanks

Don't know if it will help but I reverted to version 2.5 and selected Keep Alive in the properties for the sites I'm uploading to. This keeps me connected until I disconnect. I could not find an equivalent in version 3, but 2.5 does what I need it to so I guess I don't need 3.

Version 3.0 has a keep alive feature as well. And it works exactly the same as in version 2.5. You may want to try the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
mat

You have been running a very early version of version 3.0. The latest version does include the keep alive feature.
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
Mat

Super. Thanks for the link--I'll download and have another try.

Perfect!