Won't load?

I've been using SmartFTP for personal use and its been working great...except tonight. I go to open it and it pops up with the registration window saying to register if used for commercial, download for newest version, and the ok button. I click ok and nothing happens, so i tried updating... Is there anything to fix this? I don't remember some of my pw's and it'd be much easier to try fix than reinstalling and trying to find thos things.

I've been using SmartFTP for personal use and its been working great...except tonight. I go to open it and it pops up with the registration window saying to register if used for commercial, download for newest version, and the ok button. I click ok and nothing happens, so i tried updating... Is there anything to fix this? I don't remember some of my pw's and it'd be much easier to try fix than reinstalling and trying to find thos things.
What you need to do is what mb said but also delete the registry file. Go to the SmartFTP folder in your start>programs menu, then Tools, then Backup, hit Next and then click the button next to Reset and then Next. Hit next again and then unclick the first two tabs and hit Next and Next again. That should finish it off. This is the only thing that worked for me. "Install the latest version" is the answer you get anytime you ask a question but its not the full answer.

Thats for both your quick responses. I installed from the link above and it appears to work fine now. Should I still do that registry thing? I thought the box that popped up had installed the newest update, I feel silly now

The registry part is not necessary.

The registry part is not necessary.

The registry part is necessary if the installed program continues to hang, which it does in most cases unless you uninstall the old version first before installing the new one.

No it's not necessary.