Have lost Folders

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me i have lost the folders feature in my local browser in smart ftp. I have searched everywhere and i just cant work out how to get it back.

I dont mean the folders bar where you can type in the folder i mean the folders section that normally runs down the left hand side of the local browser. Its gone kaputt!!

Any help is really appreicated

Thanks, Shelley

menu: View->Panes->Folder View
or press
Shift+F2

I know this was started a while back, but I'm having the same problem and I have gone to the View/panes/folders and clicked on that option many times. I've also used the hot key Shift +f2 and nothing works to bring back my local folders. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled, but the settings stay as they were. This is driving me nuts!!!!! (admittedly a short trip anyway. lol)

Can someone please help me get my local folders back???

File->New Local Browser

File->New Local Browser

No sorry, that doesn't work. I have the local browser, but I can't get the tree view "folders" to show up. In all other windows, remote and favorites, the folder section is on the left. In my local browser, it's not there and I can't get it to show. Going to View/panes/folders works in every other window, but not my local browser. I have opened a new local browser several times, but when it opens it does not have a folder pane to the left.

If there's a way to get rid of any preferences or settings and get everything back to default, that might work. Also, if there is a way to completely uninstall the program and reinstall a fresh copy without any of the previous settings, that also might work. I'm really way down the road to nutsville now....

Thanks for your help!

Becky

No sorry, that doesn't work. I have the local browser, but I can't get the tree view "folders" to show up. In all other windows, remote and favorites, the folder section is on the left. In my local browser, it's not there and I can't get it to show. Going to View/panes/folders works in every other window, but now my local browser.

delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP registry key.

Please post the system information from the menu: Help -> About menu.

Regards,
Mat

MB - Thanks!

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1862 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 2047 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1010.18
Time Stamp : 2008-03-19 16:30:55
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.12.30
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.6.18
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.9
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.3.18
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.18

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1010.18

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

I'm sorry but I'm unable to reproduce the problem. Shift+F2 is working as expected. Tested on Windows XP Home with 3.0.1010.18.
Does the Folders pane not appear at all or is it just empty?

I get the same problematic behaviour, but for the remote browser. Local browser works as expected.

On the remote browser I lost both Folder View and Log panes and I cannot get the back from the view menu or with the key commands. Reinstalling and updating the software didn't create a change.

Here's my system info:
+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2397 MHz
Total Memory : 2029 MB
Free Memory : 1450 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1011.4
Time Stamp : 2008-03-25 12:24:57
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.12.33
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.7.4
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.9
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.4.4
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.2.4

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1011.4

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Best regards,

sonux

sonux: Did you try to delete the registry key at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP ?

Regards,
Mat

I had the same problem as those above, and I'm happy to say deleting the registry key solved it for me.