Never use client certificate?

I often use a Smart Card from work for my VPN access but for some reason, when I insert my Smart Card into my USB reader, SmartFTP will pick up the Smart Card's certificate by default and use that as the client certificate. My FTP SSL connections then hang because my Smart Card's certificate is incompatible with my server.

I can edit my default favorite and remove the certificate and reconnect fine but the next time I insert my Smart Card if I need to VPN in, the cert is reset as the default cert for my default favorite settings and everything breaks again.

Is it possible to specify a favorite to never use a client cert?

Hello ..

I will implement this feature in the next few days. I will update this thread as soon as there are news.

Regards,
Mat

Mat, thank you very much. Your support is what sets SmartFTP apart from other commercial offerings.

Hello ..

I have just uploaded the new version 2.5 Build 1008.4. The Cert Option is now no longer disabled in the Default Favorite. Can you give it another try and please let me know if there should be any problems.
Download Link: https://www.smartftp.com/download

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

Thanks, I will test it tonight (now+8 hrs).

Not sure what's different in the new version. I wanted an option to be able to disable tying a cert to a favorite altogether.

When I insert my Smart Card into my reader, SmartFTP defaults to the cert on the Smart Card rather than doing nothing or prompting me if I want to use it. I still have to manually go into Cert Manager, click on the cert, remove it, then reconnect to my servers.

Hello ..

I noticed the fix didn't make it into the latest build. Please install the new one from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
Mat

Works better but I suspect there is still a UI bug.

I was able to select "Disabled" and when I insert my Smart Card the next time, it did not cause the cert to become active (good!) but now the menu item is blank and/or grayed out, and I am not able to enable the use of the cert (if I wanted to).

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Can you try to describe the problem again? Maybe you can make a screenshot for illustration.
Thank you.
Regards,
Mat