Unable to Connecto to SmartFTP

Hello:
I have recently changed from Norton to the McAfee service provided through Comcast. Since that time, I have not been able to connect to SmartFTP. I contacted Comcast because of the error messages I have been receiving (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.). Comcast said it is not their problem, call McAfee. McAfee had me disable everything, and I still couldn't connect. Their suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall. I really hope I don't have to do that. I am not that computer literate and have no one to help me. There is only one other thing I could think of. My Comcast password is 8 characters long. Is it possible this is too short? Thank you for any help you can give me!
intaglioetc

Hello ..

McAfee's advice is good. Uninstall their product and try again.

Regards,
Mat

No, their advice was to uninstal and reinstall SmartFTP.
intaglioetc

In this case their advice wasn't that great ;-) Uninstall/reinstalling SmartFTP doesn't fix the problem. The problem is that a 3rd party software (McAfee for example) is blocking SmartFTP from making an outgoing connection.
Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

McAfee is not blocking the connection. They had me turn off everything and try again. I still couldn't connect.
intaglioect