Password on remote sites

How can I set SmartFTP to not hold onto or save the password used to access a remote site? I access repote sites with a supervisor password and if someone gets access to my local PC they can access these sites because smartFTP holds the password and does not force reentry of this password each access. I used to be able to set a control for this, but I can not find this control in the latest versions ofthe product. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Delete the password in the favorite settings. Search this forum for detailed instructions.

Regards,
Mat

Delete the password in the favorite settings. Search this forum for detailed instructions.

Regards,
Mat

This is nice, but everytime you access the database it re-populates the password into the favorites area and you have to go back in and delete it. I am looking for a way to have SmartFTP not remember any passwords. This used to be an option. It is a real pain to have to go through and clean out all my passwords before shutting down and hope I got everything that was accessed. I am still looking for a better solution.

Thanks.

Hello ..

You only have to remove the password one time. Make sure that you select the correct option to save the password when you connect the first time. Select "Session" and not "Favorite" in the Password dialog.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

You only have to remove the password one time. Make sure that you select the correct option to save the password when you connect the first time. Select "Session" and not "Favorite" in the Password dialog.

Regards,
Mat
Thanks, the session / favorite option is what I had not done. After deleting all the favorites I was able to re-add them with the correct option and they work great now. Thanks again for the help.