SmartFTP won't open

Hi

I administer a network of computers for a religious nonprofit organization operating a retreat sanctuary in the Fiji Islands. I have been using SmartFTP for over a year to exchange files with other branches of our organization, mainly in the US.

A few days ago I showed another user here how to use SmartFTP to send files to the US. The program worked for a day, I think, but then when she opened the program she would get the initial message about expiration and then nothing. The Task Manager's Process window showed that the SmartFTP process disappeared when the OK button on the expiration window was clicked.

My own copy of SmartFTP was continuing to work, until I restarted my computer. Now the same thing happens on this computer. I downloaded the latest version and installed that, but it doesn't make a difference.

I wonder why we are getting this problem now. I understand that as a nonprofit we are entitled to use SmartFTP without paying for it, though we have never offered our credentials. Has SmartFTP changed from an honor system to requiring evidence? If so, it is being non-communicative about the process. I haven't seen any message about this, and it took me a while to figure out how to get this message through, and it may not be the right channel.

Or maybe there is something else going on. I hope someone can help me understand what is going on.

Thanks,
Paul

Install the latest version from
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If this doesn't work for you uninstall the current version and then install the latest version from above.

Regards,
SmartFTP