Can you not disable passive mode forever?

Passive mode is never an option with most of our work. The administrators we work with rarely have done what it takes to use passive mode and honestly I'm not even sure what gains are to be had by it so we don't set it up on our servers either.

I can't find a way though, to disable passive once and for all. SmartFTP always defaults to having passive turned on and I have to turn it off EVERY SINGLE TIME I connect to a new domain. Why is that? Passive is a modification to a normal FTP connection, it should have to be turned ON if wanted, it shouldn't default to on unless I set up preferences to do so.

Please tell me I'm missing something!?

If this is truly the case, PLEASE tell me SmartFTP will be puting in a setting in the preferences in the next version to allow users to set this behaviour?!

Hello ..

Menu: Tools -> Settings
Go to the Favorites dialog
Click on the Edit Default Favorite button
Go to FTP->Transfer dialog
Enable Active Mode -> Disable Passive Mode.

Please purchase a license when requesting technical support. Thank you.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Menu: Tools -> Settings
Go to the Favorites dialog
Click on the Edit Default Favorite button
Go to FTP->Transfer dialog
Enable Active Mode -> Disable Passive Mode.

Please purchase a license when requesting technical support. Thank you.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks for the information. Although I found the setting under "connection" and not under "transfer".

I've purchased SmartFTP twice (one for home and one for the office), I just don't currently have any info with me as I'm not at my office.

Ah. If you add your license key id to the profile in the forum we can provide you with premium support.

Regards,
Mat