Smart FTP won't load

Hi, I have installed Smart FTP on my PC and it worked fine for a week or so, now suddenly when I try to start the program I get the trial pop up and click OK then I get an error that says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error
Programs C:\Program Files\SmartFT Client\SmartFTP.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

My version # is 2.5 1006.27
and this is on a Windows Vista PC

I have tried restarting the PC and I have tried un-installing the program and reinstalling it,
I have also tried both the MSI and NSI packages with no luck and have tried downloading the latest version.

Hi, I have installed Smart FTP on my PC and it worked fine for a week or so, now suddenly when I try to start the program I get the trial pop up and click OK then I get an error that says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error
Programs C:\Program Files\SmartFT Client\SmartFTP.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

My version # is 2.5 1006.27
and this is on a Windows Vista PC

I have tried restarting the PC and I have tried un-installing the program and reinstalling it,
I have also tried both the MSI and NSI packages with no luck and have tried downloading the latest version.

I'm not getting the same error as you, but since the last batch of Vista updates SmartFTP isn't running for me either. I get the popup that says my build is going to expire soon, press ok, and then everything goes away. Anyone else?

I'm not getting the same error as you, but since the last batch of Vista updates SmartFTP isn't running for me either. I get the popup that says my build is going to expire soon, press ok, and then everything goes away. Anyone else?

I upgraded to the Beta build and I'm up and running. Weird!

mediabob:
Try to delete the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0

Regards,
SmartFTP

mediabob:
Try to delete the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0

Regards,
SmartFTP

That worked! Thanks you guys are great.