SmartFTP won't pop!

Recently every now and then when I click to run smartftp the program does not come up.
The first banner screen appears offering the buy now option but when I click "OK" to
run the program ... nothing happens. I've rebooted, closed all other programs but
no SmartFTP. It only does it about half the time. Other times the program comes up
normally. Any ideas? Thanks!

HEY! that worked! Not sure why because I had tried downloading and
reinstalling before, but didn't like the fact I got a new copy of SmartFTP
and had to re-enter all my log in info - but the link you provided
reinstalled and preserved the log ins

Thanks!

Hey! It only worked one time! The problem is back. SmartFTP won't run,
the marquee screen says "This build is about to expire" (what does that
mean?) and then when I click OK the marquee disappears and nothing happens.

Could we be having a bug here?

No it's not a bug. Maybe you have 2 versions installed in parallel. If this is the case uninstall the old version. Otherwise try the alternative setup package:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
SmartFTP

Actually, I had this same exact problem. Only uninstalling then reinstalling fixed it.

I'd said it's probably some sort of bug -- usability, at least, or otherwise.

Actually, I had this same exact problem. Only uninstalling then reinstalling fixed it.

I'd said it's probably some sort of bug -- usability, at least, or otherwise.

Yes - clearly a bug. I have the same problem. Reinstalled yesterday - it worked. Today, the same thing.

You have probably two versions of SmartFTP installed in parallel. Either start the correct version or uninstall both of them and install the latest version from our web site.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I get that sometimes too, when I have that problem I go directly to the executable file in the "programs" folder on my computer and double-click on it rather than using the shortcut. The program runs fine when I do it that way. A little annoying, but manageable.

I'm having the exact same problem with my SmartFTP on Windows Vista. It was fine until I upgraded recently.. now it won't get past the "pop" screen. I have to click it over and over and over again.. and sometimes it will open up fully. I do not have two installations on my system either. Any fix for this bug?

Install the latest version:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If you believe there is a bug please file a proper bug report.

Regards,
SmartFTP